Just as you’re figuring out the different Delta THCs, THCA hits the market! Are you confused yet? Well, let’s compare THCA vs. Delta-8 THC, one of the fan-favorite Deltas around.
- THCA doesn’t produce intoxicating effects, unlike Delta-8 THC, which has psychoactive effects.
- THCA converts to pure THC when exposed to heat.
- THCA is the mother cannabinoid acid to all THC and THC derivatives, including Delta-8
- The best way to extract THCA is by extracting THCA isolate from raw cannabis plants.
- Studies show that THCA has many potential benefits.
- Hemp-sourced THCA and Delta-8 THC are federally legal. (Given the Delta-9 THC content is below 0.3% of total dry weight.)
- You can shop for THCA and Delta-8 THC products online.
What Is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 is a younger brother to the infamous Delta-9 THC (or the regular THC). It’s a natural compound that exists in trace amounts in the cannabis plant.
Delta-8 has many therapeutic benefits but with fewer psychotropic properties than the usual THC. More about Delta-8 THC and how it feels in detail.
What Is THCa?
Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, or (THCa), is the cannabinoid acid that later turns to THC, so you can see it as THC in the acidic form!
THCA isn’t psychoactive in nature, but it’s the source that later converts to THC. Learn more about THCA in our full THCA Guide.
What Are Cannabinoid Acids?
The cannabis plant doesn’t produce cannabinoids right away. First, it produces cannabinoid acids, then heat exposure breaks off a carboxylic acid group from these acids, transforming them into the usual cannabinoids that we love and enjoy.
Cannabinoid acids are non-psychoactive; that’s why you don’t get high when eating raw weed because you need heat exposure to convert THCA to THC.
THCA isn’t the only cannabinoid acid out there; the cannabis plant also has CBDA and CBGA, which later turn into CBD and CBG.
So, What’s The Difference Between THCA And Delta-8?
Both chemical compounds share a similar chemical structure, but they’re different on a molecular level, which has a great effect on how they interact with our bodies.
THCA molecules are larger than Delta-8 THC molecules, which makes it harder for THCA to interact with our endocannabinoid system (ECS), the system connected to our primary systems and organs regulating our mood, sleep, appetite, stress response, and more.
Delta-8 is an active THC, which can bind and activate the cannabinoid receptors connected to our central nervous system, hence giving us the euphoric high along with other benefits.
You can shop some of our best-selling Delta-8 THC products here.
But don’t get us wrong, THCA still has some amazing benefits, and it can interact with our endocannabinoid system, just in a different way than Delta-8 and other cannabinoids.
Benefits Of THCA
Ancient remedies relied on raw cannabis because of its THCA content. And now, studies show that THCA has some formidable therapeutic potential!
Some of THCA’s health benefits that we know so far:
- THCA’s anti-Inflammatory properties could help ease chronic pain and inflammation.
- THCA’s anti-emetic properties may help control vomiting, nausea, and appetite loss.
- THCA could also act as a neuroprotectant.
- THCA can potentially suppress epilepsy-induced muscle spasms and seizures.
Delta-8 THC Benefits
Studies suggest that Delta-8 THC has many potential benefits and can be helpful in treating:
- Chronic fatigue
- Anxiety relief
- Joint aches
- Daily stress on the body
- Sleep Quality
- Focus and clarity
- Nausea and vomiting
THCA vs. Delta-8, Which One Gives The Better High?
THCA is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid; consuming THCa by itself won’t cause intoxicating effects. However! If you heat it, you get a pure THC experience with an incredible high.
One of the best ways to get your hands on pure THC is by dabbing some THCA Diamonds; just imagine 99% THCA converted to pure THC! Read more about if THCA makes you high.
Delta-8, on the other hand, has about half of the psychoactive powers of Delta-9 THC; it gives more of a relaxing body high without clouding your mind.
Will I fail a drug test if I Consume THCA? What About Delta-8?
THCA and THCs, including Delta-8, share many similarities in their chemical structures. So, unfortunately, a drug test will pick up Delta-8 THC and will most likely pick up on a drug test for THCA as well.
THCA vs. Delta-8 Legal Status. Are They Legal?
Any THC sourced from hemp with less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC levels (of total dry weight) is federally legal, according to the 2018 Farm Bill. However, THCA and THC compounds derived from marijuana are federally illegal.
Of course, State laws may vary around hemp-sourced Delta THC and THCA. Check your local THC and hemp laws before buying.
Learn more about THCA legalities here.
Always check the certificate of analysis of your product and the cannabis strain (hemp, not marijuana) to ensure you comply with federal and local laws.
Where To Buy THCA And Delta-8 THC Products?
You can find Delta-8 THC and THCA products in local CBD shops and dispensaries across the country, but the best place to shop is always online!
Online shopping gives you the best prices; you can check all the ingredients and other customer reviews beforehand, and you get door delivery!
But be wary because not all hemp products are safe to consume! A quality hemp product will come with a certificate of analysis that confirms the product doesn’t have any harmful ingredients.
What Are The Best THCA Products Available On The Market?
While you may see some users online advocating consuming raw cannabis, we highly suggest that you don’t! You can get some high-quality THCA products to satisfy your needs!
One of the best and most versatile THCA products on the market is THCA Diamonds.
THCa Diamonds – The Hidden Gem Of The Cannabis World.
THCA Diamonds are the ultimate THC fan-favorite right now on the cannabis scene, and for a good reason. Imagine getting a THCA product that contains 97-99% pure THCA! Nothing on the market comes close to the refined experience of THC Diamonds.
Cannabis users enjoy THCA Diamonds in so many different ways, such as crushing them to make THCA powder and adding that to a flower or infusing it into their favorite baking recipe.
Keep an eye out for our THCA Diamonds, as they offer a pure and clean experience.
In the meanwhile, if you want some THC, check out our organic Delta-9 Gummies.
What Delta-8 Products Can I Find?
There are many Delta-8 THC products available on the market with different potencies to suit your every mood.
- Delta 8 Soft Gels (fast working, sugar-free option)
- Delta 8 Hemp Cigarettes (no tobacco or nicotine, high-grade hemp-flower with Delta 8 THC)
- Organic Delta 8 Gummies
- Delta 8 Oil Tincture (premium PCR oil mixed with Delta 8 THC, a very potent oil)
- Smokable Delta 8 Flower and pre-rolls.
- Delta 8 Vape Carts (our perfect engineered disposable vape pens with natural cannabis terps)
Final Thoughts – THCa vs. Delta-8 THC
Both compounds, Delta-8 THC and THCA, are natural and potent cannabinoids with many potential health benefits. Without THCA, we wouldn’t have our beloved Delta-8 or any THC, for that matter.
The major difference between them is that unlike THCA in its unheated form, Delta-8 THC can have intoxicating effects, while THCA does not!
So, if you want some pain relief with incredible body euphoria, then go for some Delta-8 products, but if you’re looking for a superior THC experience, then try dabbing some THCA Diamonds.
- Interested in THCA Wholesale? Click here for options.
- Where To Buy THCA Flower Wholesale Legally?
- Curious about what the difference is between THCa and THC? Read our full breakdown here.
- How To Choose The Best THCa Product For Your Needs
- How To Find The Best THCa Hemp Flower Online
- (THCA-A) reduces adiposity and prevents metabolic disease: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31706843/
- THC is a potent PPARγ agonist with a neuroprotective activity that may help with neurodegenerative diseases: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28853159/
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin Published study on THCA Isolated from cannabis Sativa: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/
- Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid potential as a treatment for fatty liver disease https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33341026/
- THCa inhibits prostate cancer tumor growth
By reading this information presented, you agree to release the author of any liability that comes from using this data. This post contains no legal advice. Claims about cannabinoids have not yet been approved by the FDA. Read the full legal disclaimer here.
FAQs on THCa vs. Delta-8 THC Differences
Unheated THCA is non-intoxicating. However, when heated, it turns into psychoactive THC.
Depends on what you’re after! If you want a strong, refined high, then dab some THCA Diamonds for a pure THC experience. But if you want some relaxing euphoria, then go for Delta-8.
Most likely, yes, THCA is a THC compound.
Hemp-sourced Delta-8 and THCA products with less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC content are federally legal. Always check your local laws and the cannabis strain to ensure you stay legal.
THCA is the acidic form of THC; when exposed to heat, it removes the acid carboxyl group transforming THCA into pure THC. Whereas Delta-8 is a milder form of THC.