Struggling with sleep quality is an incredibly frustrating issue for anyone to have, and apparently, more people struggle with falling or staying asleep than not. In fact, maintaining healthy sleep cycles is something that 50-70 million Americans have difficulty accomplishing, and many people have no desire to take strong or unpredictable prescription sleep aids in the hopes of correcting their circadian rhythm. This desire to improve sleep yet stay off prescription meds is what led so many people in the past year or so to try Delta-8 THC.
Delta-8 is growing more and more in popularity, with many reporting this powerful little cannabinoid has a relaxing effect that’s allowing them to fall asleep and stay asleep.
So, can Delta-8 really regulate functions and be used as a natural sleep aid? Here’s what we know so far.
- Delta-8 has many health benefits, but users have reported that they can achieve more quality sleep when consuming it.
- Those who have tried Delta-8 also report it has helped them manage chronic discomfort and stress.
- While there is a “high” associated with Delta-8, it’s about half as potent as Delta-9 and therefore the high is not as intense.
- When buying Delta-8 products of any kind, there are a few things you need to consider to ensure you get the most out of what you’re consuming.
Can You Use Delta-8 For Sleep?
Researchers are still deep in the process of learning everything they can about the cannabis plant, and more specifically, about Delta-8 THC and how it affects the body.
What we do know at this point in time is largely anecdotal, but those who have used this cannabinoid report that its effects are potent and have helped them reach the REM sleep cycle faster.
Of course, many people use Delta-8 products for the euphoric yet mild “high” it produces, but many have found success with using it to promote relaxation and achieve a good night’s sleep. These elevated effects are enhancing the lives of many who use it by helping them relax, de-stress, fall asleep, and stay asleep.
Current Research About Delta-8 THC for Sleep Issues
As we mentioned above, research on this cannabinoid is still in its infancy. What we do know is that Delta-8 likely binds with the body’s endocannabinoid system much as the other cannabinoids do.
That said, according to the NCI, Delta-8 binds with the cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system twice, a unique characteristic that plays a role in sleep by acting almost like an anti-inflammatory.
Delta-8 works to calm the system processes such as your breathing, heart rate, and even mental activity. This is what has led researchers to believe Delta-8 can play a key role in regulating functions and promoting better sleep. Additionally, Delta-8 contains pain-relieving properties, a characteristic that could potentially promote quality sleep.
Delta-8 THC for Pain, Anxiety, and Other Sleep Disruptors
Delta-8 For Pain
Our bodies have a natural cell-signaling system (the ECS) that functions just like cannabinoids and bonds well with THC. When we dose Delta-8 THC, it floods our ECS (endocannabinoid system) and activates the entire system along with its many receptors. By binding to our CB1 receptors, Delta-8 THC helps to alleviate chronic pain even further, while helping both the mind and body relax.
It is important, however, to note that Delta-8 has been found to work better at relieving chronic pain rather than acute pain.
Delta-8 For Anxiety
For those who suffer from anxiety, Delta-8 has been shown to produce anxiety-relieving effects in the body by activating the endocannabinoid system, and studies have shown the endocannabinoid system plays a key role in regulating anxiety.
Delta-8 is unique in that it primarily binds with the body’s CB1 receptor, which researchers believe plays a major role in anxiety. Researchers found that when a person’s CB1 receptor is blocked, their anxiety levels rise.
Delta-8 THC is an agonist to the body’s CB1 receptor, meaning that when D-8 binds with the CB1 receptor, it can lead to that lovely anti-anxiety and stress-relieving effects D-8 users love.
According to the National Cancer Institute, Delta-8 displays anti-anxiety qualities similar to Delta-9, and most users agree that the “high” associated with Delta-8 is far more focused and calm than that of Delta-9. Many have even reported they don’t feel paranoid on Delta-8, although they do feel paranoid after consuming Delta-9.
Delta-8 For Other Sleep Disorders
Researchers are currently in the process of learning more about how Delta-8 can help alleviate the symptoms of various sleep problems and psychological and physical conditions. Since Delta 8 THC contains anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving effects, it’s very possible there are other sleep disorders it can help regulate.
Poor sleep or trouble falling asleep are both issues cannabis researchers are working around the clock to remedy. 
What You Can Expect To Feel After Consuming Delta-8 THC
Yes, there is a bit of a “high” associated with Delta-8, but it may not be what you’re thinking. If you’re used to the high from Delta-9 THC, then Delta-8 may not give you any strong psychoactive effects.
That said, when consumed in higher doses, Delta-8 can absolutely get you high.
Here are a few of the characteristics of Delta-8 you can look forward to:
- Causes feelings of euphoria and weightlessness
- Promotes energy levels
- Helps users maintain a more calm level of focus
- Mellows users out while helping them stay clearheaded
- Stimulates appetite and intense relaxation
How to Use Delta-8-THC for Sleep
There are a few things to consider when using Delta-8 specifically as a sleep aid. Since there are multiple methods with which people can consume Delta-8, how to use it for sleep may vary.
Here are some of the ways you can ensure Delta-8 will aid sleep:
- Time your dosage right so that Delta-8’s effects peak around bedtime. The delivery method affects how quickly this happens, as inhaling a vape may help you fall asleep faster than, say, Delta-8 THC gummies, which can take longer.
- Find the best delivery method for you. Vapes may take effect faster, but those effects fade faster as well. Gummies, on the other hand, can offer effects that last for hours and might be more ideal for those who have trouble staying asleep.
- Find the ideal strength that works best for you. Everyone is different, and some people are more sensitive to THC than others. Delta-8 products are sold in different milligram strengths, which can be confusing if you have no idea where to start.
Is Delta-8 Legal In My State
Whether or not hemp-derived THC is legal in your state depends on your state’s unique laws regarding THC. That said, hemp plants and hemp-derived products are legal under the 2018 Federal Farm Bill.
Delta-8 THC is legal on a federal level as long as it is extracted from an organic hemp plant; marijuana-derived THC products are only legal in states that have legalized recreational marijuana use
Delta-8 is legal in most states because it’s made from a hemp source and not marijuana, but the amount of THC in the products must be less than 0.3% to remain federally legal.
Is Using Delta-8-THC for Sleep Safe?
Delta-8 is generally safe to consume because it doesn’t impact your immune system. However, much like with THC, if you take it in large doses or are sensitive to THC, you may experience adverse side effects such as dry eyes, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, and dry mouth (or “cotton mouth”).
When it comes to consuming any cannabis products, it’s always going to be in your best interest to start with small doses to see how it effects you and build from there.
What Are The Best Delta-8 THC Products For Sleep?
Due to its massive popularity, Delta-8 can be found in many different forms, which is great if you’re looking to experiment a bit to find what method of consumption is best for you.
Delta-8 products come in the form of:
- Delta 8 THC Gummies and other edibles
- Vape concentrates (inhaled)
- Delta-8 THC Oils and oil tinctures
- Delta-8 Soft gel capsules
- CBD-rich hemp that’s been infused with Delta-8 oil
- Delta-8 Hemp flower cigarettes enriched with D8
How Can You Benefit From Using Delta-8 THC?
Although in its early stages of research, this cannabinoid has been reported to benefit the body and mind in the following ways:
- Smoother psychoactive experiences
- Appetite stimulation
- Sounder sleep cycles
- Digestive support
- Relief from discomfort
At the end of the day, everyone has unique body chemistry and may not have these same experiences. Additionally, if you are on any prescription medication or have any chronic medical problems, it’s always best to consult a trusted medical professional first.
What Are The Best Delta-8 Gummies For Sleep?
It’s tough to say exactly what Delta-8 gummies will be best for you; everyone is different! Just be sure you are always doing your research on the product as well as the company before making a purchase.
That said, we are pretty partial to our BiowellnessX THC gummies, and here’s why:
- We only use organic ingredients from organically grown hemp for all our THC gummies and other products.
- Our THC gummies come in various strengths, allowing you to find exactly what strength is best for you to achieve better sleep.
- We not only pack and ship all of our products within the USA, we also manufacture here as well.
- Our lab results are listed right on our website so you can feel confident you’re getting a clean, quality product.
- Did we mention they taste great? We have a variety of delicious flavors you can choose from including green apple and mixed berry.
What You Should Consider Before Buying Delta-8 THC Gummies
Look, it’s the cannabis industry we’re talking about here. While we’d love to tell you everyone has the consumer’s best interests at heart, that isn’t always the case. There are a few things you need to consider when buying Delta-8 gummies to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Always ensure the product’s cognitive effect is to induce sleep.
- Look at the product’s ingredients list so you know what exactly you’re consuming.
- Check out the website or store’s reviews from its customers, as you want to make sure you’re buying a product others have tried and found success with.
- Convenience is a factor; buying hemp-derived THC gummies can be as simple as a few clicks on a website, while buying in-store for that instant gratification may be best for you. That said, buying online is helpful as you can ensure the company uses third-party labs for lab testing.
- Check out the company’s reputation. If they currently have none, you may be at risk of getting a faulty product.
- Take a look at the product’s strength. If you’re new to THC, you may want to start with a low-strength gummy. And if this ain’t your first rodeo with THC, you may want to consider a product with higher strength.
- Lastly, check the cost. Delta-8 THC gummies aren’t necessarily inexpensive, but they shouldn’t exactly break the bank either; too cheap may mean poor quality (so if you see it on sale at a gas station, you should probably steer clear).
Even though research is still in its early phases, Delta-8 has shown promising effects on the sleep cycle. For those who are looking to improve their overall sleep without having to take unpredictable prescription aids, we recommend trying this powerful little cannabinoid.
Not only can Delta-8 help with sleep quality, it can also help with so many other ailments. So, if you’re curious, we say to give it a try and see how you can benefit.
The legal status surrounding hemp-derived THC such as Delta 8, Delta 9, and Delta 10 is new and constantly changing. We continuously work hard to do our best to give you the most updated information. We recommend that you always check your current state hemp laws- or federal hemp law before purchasing any hemp-derived products (CBD, THC). The data in this post is not intended as legal advice nor to diagnose, treat or give any medical advice. In any event, do your due diligence and always seek your doctor’s advice, especially do if you are in doubt or are currently taking any prescription medications. Safer than sorry is always a great idea when consuming new products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This really depends on your goals and what you’re currently trying to achieve. Do you need help falling asleep really quickly? Vaping may suit you well in this case as its effects hit quickly (but they also fade faster than other methods). If you struggle to both fall asleep and stay asleep, then gummies may be your best bet as they help people drift off to sleep faster and sleep throughout the night.
Not only those who suffer from sleep disorders can benefit from this cannabinoid; Delta-8 has been shown to potentially assist with stress, lack of appetite, and chronic discomfort.